Phillip Rogers is the perfect pastor to perform your wedding.
- I was born on Christmas Day, 1959
- I am an ordained minister and graduated from Southwestern Seminary (in Fort Worth, Tx) with a Masters Degree in Theology
- I grew up in a pastor's home which gave me weekly exposure to weddings, funerals and many other church events. These opportunities helped me develop a genuine love and concern for people. I look back and see many advantages to this positive interaction with people.
- I was a pastor of the New Focus Community Church. New Focus applied the truth from the Bible to everyday life in contemporary and relevant ways. Weekly messages dealt with topics like marriage, parenting, finances, getting along with the in-laws (extremely helpful for NEWLYWEDS!), and many other practical issues. New Focus was truly a church ahead of its time.
- I thoroughly enjoy meeting with young couples and helping them begin their marriage with a personal and inspirational ceremony. Therefore, the ceremony itself can be as diverse as the couple would like it to be. Options include traditional, nontraditional, religious or non-religious. Most ceremonies actually include elements from several of these categories (strength through diversity).
- The first half of the ceremony highlights the word "LOVE" in outline form:
- Leave some things in the past
- Open your hearts to unconditional love
- VOYAGE (This is a life long journey)
- Enjoy the benefits of your relationship
- The second half of the ceremony involves the traditional aspects: Vows, exchange of the rings, unity candle and prayers. The entire ceremony takes about twenty minutes.
Note: This ceremony has been well-received from people with different religious and cultural backgrounds.
- Phillip and his wife, Michelle, were married on May 22, 2004. Their recent marriage gives them great insight and empathy (to the challenges) in helping couples plan their wedding. Michelle is a gifted vocalist with a Bachelor's degree in music. She is available to sing at weddings and other special events.